Sunday, January 23, 2011

Missing Ingredient

Unfornutely I still haven't been unable to locate the most important ingredient for the Mexican Hot Chocolate cupcakes, the actual Mexican chocolate! The stores right by my house have failed me and for some reason do not carry it. I plan to pick some up hopefully today but doubt I will bake tonight. I tried a make shift version last night since we had a cupcake craving. Instead of the original chocolate I had in mind I used Lindt Chili Chocolate. It was very mild and did not have the results I was looking for. Since it was a bust I did not spend the time photographing it in the tent. I did manage to take a photo of it just chillen on the table which I might post when I get back to my house. Perhaps tomorrow night I'll get back to baking. If not I'll wait 'til next weekend.

UPDATE 8:00PM :: here is the photo of last nights attempt
Cinnamon chocolate cake covered in a chili chocolate ganache topped with whipped cream and chili chocolate drizzle.
<3 Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment